Pages

Sunday 14 June 2015

Craft Goodies from America

Urrrggghhh, it's raining...again!

How changeable has the weather been? We've had rain for most of the weekend so there hasn't been any garden time and definitely no hammock time. I guess it will be another indoor day today with hopefully a little crafting this afternoon.

On our recent holiday to America, I was lucky enough to be able to go and do a bit of crafting shopping at Michaels, Jo-Ann and A C Moore Arts & Crafts

I was a bit like a kiddie in a sweet shop and my eyes were on stalks most of the time. There was so much to choose from and I was also completely in awe of the way in which they arrange their stock. Everything was so easy to find and it was an absolute crafters delight. I can't wait to go again...next time with an empty suitcase!


Here are some snaps of the goodies/bargains I purchased...

These ribbons were incredibly cheap and the twine too! I think they worked out at approx 70p each and the buttons £1.45 a pack.

These Darice embossing folders were reduced to $2.00 (approx. £1.28 each).
The clear number stamps were reduced to $4.99 - approx £3.20 in the UK.

These Darice Kraft card packs were the absolute bargain of the day!
They were $5.99 (£3.85) for 40 cards and envelopes.
I've got a card coming up on my blog this week using one of these and they are such a good quality card stock!

Last but not least were some sentiment/alphabet sentiments, clear mason jar 3D stickers and a really cute alphabet matchbook pad (£1.45).  The My Minds Eye paper pad worked out at £1.92.

Now all I need to do is to find some time to play with it all!

Thanks for looking today and I hope I haven't bored you too much with my long post!

7 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

looks like you had a fun day!

Paperesse said...

As a French American living in France, I can so relate to your post. I pack a smaller suitcase inside a larger empty one when I go back to the States so I have an big empty suitcase to fill up.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely new stash - lucky you! When I visited the States i wasn't into crafting and so missed an opportunity to visit Michael's etc, Jo x

Catherine said...

Lucky you ! Can't wait to see the gorgeous things you will create with your goodies ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Jacee said...

Not been good weather here either over the weekend Donna but it is better today.
Now I'm DEAD JEALOUS of your trip to the states, how much would I love to go in those craft stores, heard so much about them, you got yourself some good bargains there by the looks of things, you lucky girl you!!!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Chris Dring said...

Woo Hoo Donna! What a major score on crafty goodies!

*Vicki* said...

CAREFUL!! Craft stores are dangerous here!! LOL!! Looks like lots of fun goodies and look forward to seeing you create with them! :) HUGS!