Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

James' Birthday Card


Crikey, it's the 1st May already...where on earth did April go?

We seem to have had so much going on recently and boy am I looking forward to the bank holiday weekend and the additional day off work. I hope we get some nice sunny weather so that we can get out in the garden and maybe catch some rays! Probably only in my dreams!

Today I'm sharing the card I made for James' birthday last weekend...I spotted these Bird Brain images over on Jo's blog and was so taken with them I had to nip over to From the Heart and purchase a few. My boy does like a bottle of cider (or two) so this image was perfect for him...thank you Jo for the inspiration!

Digital Image: From the Heart (Birdbrain Chick)
Digital Design Papers: Sweet Shoppe Designs (Pretty Little Things) and Bella Gypsy (Friend)
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Smooth White Card
Card Stock: SU! (Crumb Cake)
Embellishments: Button and Dental Floss from my craft stash and bathroom cupboard
Sentiments: Created on the Computer using 'Cinnamon Cake' font

8 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Donna. I love that fun image, your colouring is wonderful and the papers are gorgeous too.
I hope you enjoy the long weekend. Fingers crossed for some good weather but they have said to expect some frost!
hugs Sue xx

Jo said...

Oh Donna, this card is perfect! I love it :)
Love the papers and layout, and your colouring is always spot on. I bet James loved it too.
Happy Belated Wishes to him from me and thank you for the mention xx

P.S: Birdbrains are like Pringles, you can't just have one, lol, so I guess i'll be seeing more by you soon! ;)

Jo xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Haha love this card Donna.
Great image
Hugs Kelly

Catherine said...

This is such a cool card Donna ! James must have been thrilled with it ! Love the pretzels !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is a wonderful masculine design and I am sure James loved it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Gemma said...

Love your card Donna and the colours and image you have used.
Gemma xx

coops said...

love this donna.fantastic image and your colouring and papers are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Enjoy your BH weekend Doodles. This is a fab male card, hope James liked it and had a wonderful day x