Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Paper Pieced Birthday Card


Good morning everyone, hope you've all had a fab weekend in the sunshine...it was so hot here but great to spend some time relaxing in the garden even if it was under the gazebo!  Gotta love a hammock in this weather!

I'm sharing a card today that was made for Sophie's friend Olivia for her 13th birthday. Liv not only loves horses but she also enjoys photography and when I came across this image recently I knew it would be perfect for her. I opted for a bit of paper piecing on her top and trousers to co-ordinate with my design papers.

Normally I'd be sharing a card with you for Cupcake today but we are running fortnightly challenges now until the beginning of September, so that everyone gets to enjoy the holidays. The current challenge Anything But Square ends on Sunday 14th July 2013 and a new challenge will be announced on 15th which will run for 2 weeks!

Digital Image: Alicia's Little Shop (Alicia Photographer)
Digital Design Papers: Shabby Princess (Miami Beach)
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Smooth White Card
Card Stock: SU! (Tempting Turquoise)
Embellishments: Jute Ribbon & Pearls from my craft stash. Butterfly die-cuts 'borrowed' from Sophie's craft stash)
Tools: Die-namics (Simply Scallops Medium)
Sentiment: Created on the computer

13 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely card Donna love your image and your paper piecing
jacqui x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna. I love that image with her pretty paper pieced clothes. The papers and butterflies are beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

This card is absolutly gorgeous! Love the papers and the pp looks great! Sopie is a lucky girl to have such a talented mummy!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, Love the colours too, huggles Pops x

Amanda said...

Beautiful card Donna, gotta love digi papers for paper piecing love being able to shrink the pattern. Hugs, Amanda x

coops said...

so gorgeous donna.really pretty colours and I love your paper piecing and fab sassy image :D

xx coops xx

Catherine said...

Your card is so beautiful and fresh Donna ! I love the layout and the beautiful papers... Great paper piecing too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

catherine said...

This is just so fantastic Donna and I am sure her friend will be thrilled with it. Great papers and colours
x catherine

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice done with the papers.

Hugs, Astrid.

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Donna, love the image and gorgeous colours.
Wendy xx

Bridie said...

Fabulous card, a great layout and color scheme, your paper piecing looks great and I love the understated details like the mesh and butterflies.

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog



Happy crafting from Bridie@BGPayne Crafts.

*Vicki* said...

Hello Donna!! What a really fun creation!! I love the paper piecing and fun colors here!! :) Just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog now and I'm following you with Feedly! HUGS