Pages

Friday 3 July 2015

Mickey Mouse


Good morning,

I'm sharing a birthday card today that I've made for my daughter’s friend, Liv. They have a bit of banter between them...Sophie is mad on Minnie Mouse and Liv adores Mickey Mouse...hence the MM card.

I’ve tried to keep to the traditional colours for Mickey Mouse whilst also making it girly. The image was sourced from Disneyclips.com and although it was pre-coloured I’ve added some shading with my Promarkers in an attempt to make the image come to life a bit. It looked a little flat without the shading.

Pre-Coloured image: Disneyclips.com
Digital Papers: Bella Gypsy (Just Add Sprinkles & In Real Life), Echo Park (D&S Metropolitan)
Card Stock: SU! (Real Red)
Embellishments: Ribbon from my craft stash
Sentiment: 'Happy Birthday' created on the computer using 'Sandwich Paper Dark' font

10 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Simply gorgeous sweetie such a cute image, hugs Pops x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna, such a fabulously cheerful image. I love the papers and beautifully tied gingham ribbon!
hugs Sue xx

Catherine said...

I adore your card Donna ! Love Mickey... Great layout too... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful Disney themed card Donna your daughters' friend will love it I'm sure. Great papers to coordinate with the image too.
Lorraine

Eve said...

What a fun, fabulous card Donna - Love it!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Donna, love the Mickey Mouse image and gorgeous gingham ribbon and papers.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Pretty card! Love image and design. hugs, Helena

Chris Dring said...

I think you did a great job of making a Mickey Mouse card for a little Miss! This looks fantastic!

*Vicki* said...

AWE!!! I adore Mickey Mouse!!! This is such a cool design on your card and the coloring is amazing my friend!! :) HUGS

Jacee said...

So cute Donna, I do love mickey!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design