Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

Daughter Birthday Card


Good morning to you all,

It was my daughters 15th birthday a couple of weeks ago and this was the card I made for her from me and my hubby. Sshe's absolutely shoe mad and this image from the DigiStamp Boutique was just perfect for her.

I part coloured and part paper-pieced the image, the wording was created on the computer. I love that digital images are so versatile and you can basically prep a topper on the computer and print...I guess some may call it cheating though lol!

Digital Image: DigiStamp Boutique (Funky Shoe 2), Delicious Scraps (Doodled Borders Vol.2)
Digital Design Papers: Carol Clarke
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Smooth White Card
Embellishments: Button and thread from my craft stash
Tools: Die-Namics Die (By the Numbers)
Sentiment: Created on the computer using 'Janda Quirkygirl' font

11 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Donna,
fab card for the young ones - oh to be 15 again! hope she had a lovely birthday x
hugs
Suzie Qx

Catherine said...

Your card is gorgeous Donna ! Sophie must have loved it ! Love the paper piecing !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Debs said...

Love it!!!
Fabulous colouring and perfect paper piecing.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Debs xx

Eve said...

No definitely not cheating Donna!

Your card is perfect and I'm sure that your daughter loved it - I hope that she had a lovely birthday.

xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna, I love the way you have paper-pieced the shoe and your design is so stylish.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous Donna, just perfect for a teenage girl.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Chris Dring said...

This is such an adorable card! Perfect for a 15 yr old young lady. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fifteen is a lovely age, I hope she had a great time. I find myself using digi images more and more, they are so versatile and you can have them any size to suit any project.
Love this card, clean and simple but says it all, great doodling and I'm sure your daughter was thrilled with it.
Lorraine

catherine said...

Just fabulous Donna and perfect for her by the sounds of it. Mine are both 16 in a couple of months and it is scary thinking of how fast they grow up!! Many happy returns to Sophie
x catherine

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun card for a girl that age Donna! Love the pink polka dots and shoe image! :)

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Guess what - you've just won the customer competition with this uber gorgeous creation! Hope Sophie had a wonderful day - 15 wow!

Hope you and the family are well.....Sally-Ann xx