Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Sorry You're Leaving


Morning everyone, hope its a bit brighter where you are coz it rained here all day yesterday and it felt really cold...I want the warm, sunny weather back!

I'm off to see the Aussie comedian, Adam Hills tonight at our local theatre...he was hilarious during the Paralympics last summer with his show 'The Last Leg' and he's back on TV at the moment with a new series on Channel 4.

I was asked to make a card for a male work colleague who is leaving to work elsewhere within the company but the card wasn't to be too fussy or cute and suitable for a man!

I had to put my thinking cap on for this one and I remembered I had some wooden alphabet stamps stashed away in the cupboard and set about stamping out the words you see on the card. I coloured the stamps with a 'Poppy Red' Promarker and you can't see too well in the photo but every few letters were raised on a 3D pad to give a bit of interest and dimension.

I kept the embellies fairly clean and simple too and have to say the card looked much better in real life than it does in the photo!

Digital Design Papers: DigiStamp Boutique (Pretty in Red) and Pink Gem (Stripe Papers
Colouring Medium: Poppy Red Promarker to colour in Stamps
Card Stock: SU! (Real Red) and Hobby Craft (Mirri Card)
Embellishments: Card Candy
Tools: Cricut to cut stars. Alphabet Wood Mounted Rubber Stamps

8 comments:

coops said...

so stunning donna.i really love the design and striking colours :D

xx coops xx

rosie said...

this is stunning Donna. so professional x

*Vicki* said...

Donna, this is a perfect design for your request! Have fun tonight and I would love to send you our 100 degrees temps over your way! LOL!! I'm so ready for Fall!! :) HUGS

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fabulous card hunni...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

So, the first thing I saw when I opened your Blog was 'Sorry you're Leaving'. I thought, what do you know that I don't?! This is a fab, bold and bright card. xx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Donna, i do love the card! fabulous layout and colours are fab too!

Sue said...

Fabulous card, I love the design and brilliant colours.
I hope you have a great evening.
hugs Sue xx

Catherine said...

What a great card Donna ! Love the layout and the papers... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine