Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Cupcake Craft Challenge 177...Recycle!


What better way to start Monday than with a Cupcake! Yup we have a fab new challenge this week chosen by the gorgeously Fluffy Faye and it’s all about RECYCLING!

Now, if you’re me, you automatically start raiding your wardrobe to see what ribbons and buttons you can cut off clothing…if you’re the rest of the design team you have the ingenious idea of recycling cartons, boxes and other such items you may find lying around your house. I’ve written a note to myself that in future I must ‘think outside the box’ that is my craft space!

I’ve have recycled the little yellow button on my card and some gorgeous black webbing that was wrapped around the new pyjamas I received for Christmas! Pop over to Cupcake to see the inspirational projects from the design team and prepare to be wowed at some of their makes! I’m really looking forward to visiting this week’s entries and getting my much needed fill of inspiration from everyone…bring it on!

This is a close up of the glossy accents I used on the watering can...

This weeks sponsors are Bugaboo Stamps and they offering 7 digital images to the winner! They also very kindly provided images for the design team to use this week...thank you Bugaboo!

Our second sponsor is Creations by AR and not only are they offering 2 templates to the winner, they are also offering a 10% discount code to all participants of this challenge. Just enter to code...challenge10...at checkout!

Digital Image: Bugaboo (Tulip Can)
Design Papers: My Minds Eye (Everyday Flair)
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Smooth White Card
Cardstock: Black (The Papermill)
Embellishments: Small Buttons, Glossy Accents & Gingham Ribbon from my Craft Stash and black webbing and yellow button are recycled
Tools: Various shapes & sizes of Nesties
Sentiment: Created on the Computer

27 comments:

Lia said...

wonderful card Donna I love the colors and great sketch
hugs Lia

Joey said...

Gorgeous card Donna, I love the red check paper and gorgeous gloss over the image. Have to say I am like you when it comes to recycling on my cards Joey xx

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, gorgeous card Donna.
luv
Debby

catherine said...

What lovely colours you have used with this card.Lovely image and all the little extras are fab.. Have a good week
x catherine

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Hi Donna, the water can is gorgeous, the glossy accents gives it a wow factor!

Have a wonderful week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card Donna. I love the spotty buttons.
Nikki x

Catherine said...

Another stunning card Donna ! I love the gingham paper and bow and the glaze looks fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend!! So wonderful to see your creations once again! :) Love the buttons you've added and the country feel to this!! Awesome job!! HUGS

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Love the glossy accents!

xx

Pauline said...

Donna, I love the gingham, and the glossy watering can, so beautiful in these warm colours. Gorgeous!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Donna, love the glaze and pretty gingham ribbon!
Clairexx

Sue said...

Hi hun
gorgeous card, luv the gloss on the can, striking design, sue,x

coops said...

gorgeous card donna.i love your bold colours and the glossy image is fab :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Donna, love the gingham!
Helen x

having a {me} day said...

Oh Donna! You are being too harsh on yourself. I often cut buttons and zips out of old clothing, have a whole pile of them, but when I see a recycling challenge it takes me ages to think of what I could possibly use LOL. I should have used those buttons! Anyway, your creation is fabby as usual, love the glossy accents on the watering can. Have a lovely week! keeleyxx

Louise said...

Fab card Donna and I also was busy saving ribbon at Christmas my daughters Pjs came tied with ribbon and I spied lovely buttons but I will have to wait for them lol.
Hugs louise xx

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card. Love it.

Rosietoes said...

That is a great image Donna. Love the glazing too. Smashing card, especially like the gingham.

Edna x

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Donna! Your image looks fab with the glossy accents and the pretty buttons, and I love all the gingham:-)! Have a great evening and thank you very much again for the cake:-) and your lovely comment! Hugs Delphine xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Donna, this is a fab card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Faye said...

I think your recycling is perfect. I love the glossy watering can touch on this fabby card. And you don't need to think outside the box, you need to eat what's in it! ;) xxx

Donna Mosley said...

So gorgeous Donna, love the image and beatiful design. The gingham and polka's look fab together.

Donna x

Michelle said...

Hi Donna
Your lovely card caught my eye and I havn't popped by for a while so thought I'd come and say hi.
Hope all is well in your world
x Michelle

Shelly said...

Your card is lovely Donna, I especially like the buttons and the gloss! Hope you're having a nice week, it's freezing brass monkeys here! Shelly x

Brodders said...

Such a fab card Donna :) Hope all is well at yours - Jane x

Unknown said...

Such a asweet and cute card Donna! A true donna-card! Love colors and sweet details!

Liza said...

A great card Donna, I love your glossy watering can.

Liza x