Pages

Thursday 25 August 2011

Anniversary Card


Firstly, can I just say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who answered my plea for advice on score boards...you girls are amazing and brilliant for offering such invaluable detail regarding the best one to buy...I'm pleased to announce that I'm now the proud owner of a Hougie Board...I got a really good deal on a Ebay auction and the board included a booklet with lots of ideas and suggestions for things to make...thanks girls for all your help and advice...it really is very much appreciated!

Today's card is a 25th Wedding Anniversary Card that a friend asked me to make for her...I decided to be brave and not use a cutesie image and I'm kinda pleased with the end result! The card is really sparkly IRL as I got a bit carried away with the stickles lol! It was also a pig to photograph coz the mirri card kept catching the light and I didn't dare use the flash!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges...
Bearly-Mine...Bring on the Bling
Ooh La La Creations...No Backing Papers
Challenge Up Your Life...No Patterned Paper
Marks Finest Papers...Emboss It!

Card Stock : White Hammered Card Stock from The Papermill, Mirri Card from my Stash!
Embellishments : Ribbons, Gems, White Flower & White Roses & Stickles from my Craft Stash
Tools : Silver Hearts cut on Cricut Expression, Circular Nestabilities, Cuttlebug 'Swirl' Embossing Folder, X-Cut Flower Punch
Sentiments : Created on the Computer

18 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Donna! This is an amazingly beautiful card!! Just love it! Have a great day sweetie! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

Amanda said...

Hi Donna, congratulations on your purchase, i am sure you will love the hougie and because it is bright green it is always easy to find lol, love the card I am also scared of not including a cute image but after seeing this fab creation I may just give it a go.

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card Donna ! Love the embossing and the two hearts ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
a gorgeous anniversary card, luv the white & silver, the sparkle looks fab, happy playing with ya board, sue,x

Lynsey said...

Hi Donna, what a lovely elegant card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Unknown said...

Really Elegant card, Mary x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Donna....and loving all the fabulous embossing too hun...

hugs Vicky xx

Joey said...

Donna this is beautiful and so elegant. Joey x

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the embossed hearts and the glittery embossed white is lovely.
Nikki x

coops said...

stunning card donna,really beautiful and classy :D
enjoy your hougie board :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! All the elements work fantastically together and I love the embossed hearts.

Emma

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and so beautiful Donna.
luv
Debby

Do What You Love said...

Hi Donna - this is such a lovely card. How do you come up with your designs? I love the embossing - especially on the silver foiled hearts. I love the stickles - it always makes it nice and sparkly and you can never have too much. Glad you have a new score board - I love mine (MS). I hope your weekend is great! ;D

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer!!! Donna, this is so elegant and what stunning details with the white and silver touches!! Really stunning!! :)

Wishcraft said...

This is beautiful Donna, such a gorgeous elegant design. Enjoy your new board hun :o) Lisa x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Donna.

Hugs Riet.xx

Faye said...

Very chic and elegant. A super de doop card. xxx

Sue said...

gorgeous card and very classy too:)

well done on owning a new board, cant wait to see what you create with it:)

thanks for the info on chrome, it still didnt make any difference so im using a mix of explorer and FF for now.

sue
xx