Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

CES Challenges # 45...Christmas


Woohoo it's the weekend and hopefully there will be plenty of time to play with my craft stash if I'm lucky! We've no real plans this weekend and after the last few weeks of upheaval with Sophie's new bedroom being fitted it will be nice to chillax and potter around a bit! I have no idea what the weather will do this weekend...the forecast isn't great...but as usual we'll play it by ear and see if we might be able to fit in a BBQ if it does stay nice!

Anyhoo...enough of my waffling and onto the challenge deets for today over at CES Challenges! Now the boss Emma has set this challenge and it deffo had me scratching my head...CHRISTMAS in July...Eeeek...Donna does not do Christmas in July lol! It took me a while to find some Christmas papers and embellies in my craft stash but finally I got there and here is my first Christmas card of 2011. This card is really sparkly and glittery IRL...even the ribbon has glitter through it but the camera hasn't even tempted to pick it up! If like me you need lots of inspiration and ideas for creating Crimbo in July...pop on over to CES and you'll find my teamies have gone all out on this challenge!

If you enter this weeks challenge you could be in with a chance of winning a fabarooney £10 gift certificate to spend in Crafty Emma's store!

Don't forget that Emma still has some rather scrummy blog candy up for grabs over on the CES Inspirational blog...you have until Saturday 13th August 10am to enter and you could win all the goodies shown in the piccy on the inspirational blog!

I'm entering my card into the following challenges...
Craft us Crazy...Christmas in July
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge...Holidays
PollyCraft...The Great Outdoors

Digital Image : Digi Stamp Boutique (Snow Peeps)
Design Papers :
Dovecraft Paper Pad (Noel)
Card Stock : SU! (Real Red)
Colouring Medium : Promarkers & Smooth White Card
Embellishments :
Red & White Poinsettias & White Buttons from Crafty Emma's Store, White Glitter Ribbon from my Craft Stash!
Tools : SU! Scalloped Border Punch
Sentiment : Created on the PC

37 comments:

Lia said...

stunning christamscard donna I love the colors and cute stamp
hugs Lia

Riet said...

Beautiful card Donna,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janette said...

Lovely card Donna, my favourite christmas colours, i have never downloaded digi stamps, but there are so many lovely designs, think i'll have to start. Janette x

Saskia said...

Very beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie! I love your x-mas card! I always sit up late the last night before you can mail them...*lol* Guess thats why it's so hard for me...*lol* I love the papers and image! Such sweet details too! Hope you'll get some sunshine!

Sonia said...

Smashing card Donna. I can't believe how many Christmas cards are popping up lol... Best start early though.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs sonia xx

Faye said...

Christmas cards just don't feel right to me in July! But this is a gorgeous one, I could almost eat a mince pie. xxx

Catherine said...

What a sweet Christmas card Donna ! I love this little snowman and your flowers are so beautiful ! It's raining cats and dogs here, I hope the weather is better where you are ! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Sue said...

Hi hun
a fabulous card, fab image & colouring, lovely papers & design, have lovely weekend, sue,x

karen said...

Hi Donna, this is so fab, I love the colours and design just gorgeous, Karenxx

Chris said...

Arrgghh, I know what you mean about Christmas in July, it seems alien doesn't it? :D. I love your card Donna, such a cute image and gorgeous colouring and design. Hope you get to have that nice relaxing weekend but looks like the bbq is a no no today :(. Hugs, Chris xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fab card, Donna. Love the crisp red and white and the gorgeous sparkle.
Caroline xxx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Donna :o) Great papers and love this snowman - love how you've coloured him too. Lisa x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

so cute!

Thanks for joining our "Holidays" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

coops said...

stunning card donna.i love the fun snowman and fab traditional colours :D

xx coops xx

Mandy said...

Fabbie chrimbo card Donna...it's never too early to start!!

Had lots of rain here today, but the sun has been trying real hard to poke through.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
xx

Jennifer said...

Hi Donna! Fabulous as always! Love the papers....sure I have em somewhere! Have a fab weekend xx Jenny xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love the image he is fab!
hugs shell xx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the image and the glittery flowers are fab.
Nikki x

CraftyC said...

Hiya Donna, wonder whether you fitted the bbq in. Non stop here till teatime. I think your card is a real cutie and love the traditional colours. Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Clairexx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous holiday themed creation thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Secret Crafter this week.
Hugs Kate xx
I have candy if you are interested

Suzie Q said...

ho ho ho!!
suzie q don't do crimbo in july either lol x
i'm impressed - fab card x
hugs
suzie qx

Suzie Q said...

ho ho ho!!
suzie q don't do crimbo in july either lol x
i'm impressed - fab card x
hugs
suzie qx

Emma said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the image.
Hugs Emma x

Sudha said...

Wow gorgeous creation dear.

Sue said...

Hi donna, i love your card, such a sweetie image and the papers are fab, ....gorgeous:)

Hope you've had a fab weekend sweetie:)

sue
xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love the image and fab details, big hugs love Pops x x x x

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! what a scrummy xmas card Donna. Love the very cute snowman and gorgeous colours.
Hope you've had a really fab weekend chillaxin' hun.

Donna x

Curly said...

Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully and cute buttons too its just perfect for our challenge,

Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,

Good Luck with the challenge

Hugs Bridget :0) x
SCSC DT

Anonymous said...

Fab crimbo card Donna, I do love those snowmen!
Helen x

xxxtglxxx said...

Love your christmas card Donna :)

Great image and gorgeous colours!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Lori said...

Such a darling snowman card - so glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

Julie said...

Brill Crimbo card, Donna - the colours are perfect and all the layers so crisp - just perfect!! Juliexx

Juls said...

such a fun card!! Hugs Juls

Helen said...

Fabulous 'Holiday' card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Donna,
Congratulations on getting your Chrissie cards started. I keep putting it off! This looks fab. I love the image & those papers look gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Donna,
Congratulations on getting your Chrissie cards underway. I keep putting mine off! This look fab. I love the image & those gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx