Pages

Thursday 4 November 2010

My Sisters Wedding Invites


Morning...I think I may have lost a couple of days this week...I can't believe it's Thursday already and that the weekend is just around the corner...the weather here has been very mild over the last couple of days and it is supposed to be even warmer today...not November weather at all really lol!

My sister is getting married in December and back in August she asked me to make her wedding invites...it took me a while to give her an answer whilst my single brain cell whirred away in the background thinking...ooooh eck...what can I do? Fortunately for me my absolutely gorgeous blogging buddy Lynsey gave me the inspiration I needed when I spied a wedding card box on her blog and I fell in love with the design and she very kindly gave me permission to use her idea...thank you Lynsey...you're a star! I've tweaked the design a bit and added my own take on it and this is the finished design! I also made box envies but forgot to photograph them before handing them over...doh...yet another blonde moment!

White Linen Card Stock : Papermill
Silver Mirri Card : From my Stash
Ribbon & Flowers : Wild Orchid Crafts
Gems : From my Craft Stash
Tools : Marianne's Swirl Die, Oval Nestabilities, SU Border Punch
Wording : Created on the PC


23 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Donna, Gorgeous card! Very elegant and fab design. How many did you hve to make?

Lisa x

Lia said...

beautiful wedding invites I love those
hugs lia

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Donna.

Hugs Riet.x

Anne said...

Donna this is gorgeous, your sister must be soooooooooo pleased with these. The colours are fab

Anne x

Wishcraft said...

It's lovely, love the colour and swirl. I've got an order for birthday invites but I keep putting off starting them... really must get on with it! Lisa x

Chris said...

This is beautiful Donna and very elegant too, I bet your Sis was thrilled to bits with them. Love the burgundy accents, gorgeous wedding colours and I also loved Lynsey's creation that gave you the inspiration, beautiful. Have a good weekend when you get to it. Hugs, Chris xxx

Pami said...

Hi Donna, this is very elegant and stylish. I just love it. Pami x

Catherine said...

Oh Donna this is sublime ! It's so elegant... Your sister will be over the moon ! Love the swirls... My daughter Anne asked me to make her wedding invitations when Francois and her get married and I must say I am a little bit apprehensive about it.. Hope I will come with something as stunning as you ! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Mandy said...

Oh Donna, your sister must be absolutely thrilled...what a gorgeous design.

Mandy
x

Saskia said...

Very elegant!!

Saskia :)

Rosietoes said...

Elegant and stylish - not overdone. Just perfect Donna.

Edna x

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!!! these are just so incredibly stylish!! so fabulous and luxurious!! stunning, love them, she will be absolutley delighted! Hugs Juls

Suzie Q said...

Absolutely stunning Donna i hope your sister was chuffed!!
they are gorguss
hugs
Suzie Qx

Berry said...

What stunning invitations Donna they are so elegant! Hugs Rebekah xx

chris said...

They are perfect Donna.

Jeannette Siciliani said...

How wonderful to get married in December, winter! Your card is gorgeous! Best wishes to the happy couple!

Wendy said...

Donna this is lovely you have done a great job
Wendy x

Mel X said...

This is soo beautiful Donna - and elegant

Mel X

Faye said...

Oh these are beautiful! xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! These are GORGEOUS Donna!!

Do What You Love said...

What a great invitation for your sister's wedding, Donna. I love the colors - that bow is scrumptious and the swirls really add that elegance, doesn't it. You did a fantastic job and I know your sister will love it! Love the flowers - so perfect with that silver bordered background piece!

Maria Matter said...

oh Donna, this is so lovely & elegant! bet your sister is tickled with them!!! great job my friend!
hugs & blessings!

Lynsey said...

Hi Donna, your box is stunning! Your sister must have been thrilled! Thanks so much for your lovely comments they are very appreciated!
Hugs Lynsey x