Pages

Friday 12 March 2010

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge 33...No Patterned Paper


Hi Everyone...happy Friday to you all...this weekend should be a lovely weekend as it's Mother's Day here in the UK on Sunday and oh boy am I looking forward to being spoilt by my wonderful children...I've dropped enough hints anyway lol!

Today we start a new challenge over at Dare U 2 Digi Stamp and I don't mind admitting that I looked at this challenge with my hands over my eyes at first because it's the type of challenge I normally dread...NO PATTERNED PAPERS...I was however rather surprised when this card came together really quickly and I have to say I really enjoyed thinking how I could make the card of interest without any of the scrummy design papers I so love to use on all my cards...thanks Sandra & Chris for the challenge...I throughly enjoyed this one!

Digi Image : Freebie with Complete Cardmaking Magazine (Lovebird)
Rose Red Card Stock : SU!
Colouring Medium : Promarkers
Embellies : Ribbon, Lace & Pearls from Craft Stash!
Tools : Flower Punch & Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swirls)
Sentiment : Sentiment created on the PC

19 comments:

Mandy said...

Absolutely stunning Donna! Love the little birds and how you've coloured them.

Have a good weekend.

Mandy
x

Anonymous said...

Fab card Donna, love those little birdies...and a great outcome considering you couldn't use patterned papers...well done you!!!

I hope you have a fab Mothers day, no end of hint's in my house ever sink's in my lad's heads...lol.

I am off to see Wendy in a bit...really am sick of samples cards right now...I felt like a mad proffessor...stuck in my craftroom all week with only the dog to talk to....I need conversation...lol.

Speak to you soon...
x
Vicky

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

You totally nailed this challenge Donna! Wonderful job!!

Catherine said...

Hello Donna ! Your card is gorgeous Sweetie ! It was a difficult challenge but your result is just fab ! Love the little birds too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

mulberry station said...

Your card is just adorable..it is beautiful without patterned paper. I really like the embossed background paper.

Do What You Love said...

Happy Friday Donna! What a lovely card - love the embossing and ink distressing as it brings it all together so well, doesn't it? No patterned papers - that would freak me out. And look how splendidly you put it all up - you are brilliant! And have a beautiful Mother's Day my friend - it'll be fun to have your children giving you all that attention, won't it? That's the fun of being a mom - enjoy!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card, Donna!! I love the little lovebirds!! Too cute!!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Donna. The birds are so sweet, I love the way you have coloured them. The shading is perfect.
Thank you so much for your lovely card... I received it this morning. So bright and cheerful, just what I needed :o)
Hugs
Sandra x

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card Donna! Love the image and the lace looks wonderful :)

Liz x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Donna,
Sue x

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Donna, you did amazing with the theme, it's a gorgeous card!!
Hope you get loads of yummy things on Sunday!!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

This is super Donna. Have a great weekend. Hugs ~ Ali x ~

Anonymous said...

This is super Donna. Have a great weekend. Hugs ~ Ali x ~

CraftyC said...

Your card is so tweet Donna, very cute indeed!
Clairex

Shelly said...

Hi Donna! Lovely bright colours on your card, the embossing looks fab! Hope you have a lovely MD weekend!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Maria Matter said...

oh this is darling Donna! love the lace accent!! you've made a beautiful card without using any patterned papers...YOU SO ROCK!!
:)

Have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow!!!

Blessings, Maria

Pop's Cards said...

I love the colours on this one how fab are these little birdies, gorgeous hugs Pops x

Chris said...

Really beautiful card Donna and those little birds are so sweet. Your embossed background is fantastic too and sorry about the no pp challenge LOL but your card is amazing!! Hugs, Chris xx