Pages

Saturday 29 August 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge # 47...Flight of Fancy


Happy Saturday everyone, hope you've got better weather than us...we had a really fierce thunderstorm yesterday evening and then hailstones...5 minutes later it was brilliant sunshine...weird! lol!

It's time for another Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and this weeks theme is Flight of Fancy...anything with wings...and the theme has been chosen by my incredibly talented DT buddy Cathy! I don't know why but I had a strong urge to make a Christmas card for this challenge...and I chose to use this stunning fairie digi image from Charmed Cards & Crafts...she is from the Pixie Chicks Collection 1 and she is designed by Louise Brigden the sentiment is from the same set! I coloured with Promarkers and added some glamour dust to the top of her boots, dress, wings and holly wreath on her head...come to think of it does she has 'holly' for hair? lol!

The design papers are also a digi download...from
Shabby Princess and the collection is called 'Holiday 2006.' The ribbon is from my ribbon box. I haven't added any embellies to this card because I couldn't decide what to use...so for now I've just added some faux stitching and a few ickle gems!

I hope you'll come and join us for this challenge and thank you for visiting me today :)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Donna this is such a beautiful card, you are so, so talented. I love your work. I love the image and the papers are fab, love the stitching...Hugs Avril xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Donna,
I just saw this on the SCSC blog. It is gorgeous! I love the papers and layout and the image is fabulous (I really must get over to Charmed Crafts and get some). You have coloured and glittered her beautifully.
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend.
Clare

Jill said...

gorgeous card Donna, I love your layout and the image is so beautiful hugs Jill xx

Emma said...

lovely card donna, loving your fairy and xmas theme.
what random weather u had hope it improves now for the weekend xx

cats whiskers said...

Stunning card dear, have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Paula said...

Such a fabulous Christmas card Donna i aore the colours and what a fantastic image.
Paula xxxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

oh my Donna! what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the shading is perfect

hugs jane x

Georgia said...

Hi Donna,
I LOVE your gorgeous card! The image is so sweet and I really like these colours together! :)
While I'm here, I thought I'd let you know about a new challenge blog starting soon. It's called Crafty Calendar Challenge and there's a DT Call going on there at the moment! :)
Love, Georgia xx

theneon said...

And a Happy Saturday to you too! This card is so refreshing with beautiful colors and the faux stitching pulls it all together. So pretty without any more added -- save your embellies for your next beautfy!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful colours and so perfect.
luv
Debby

LOUISE said...

Awesome card Donna, love it! The Pixie is so sweet, and she has been coloured to perfection. Lou x

Unknown said...

WOW Donna, this is such a fantastic card, even by your amazingly high standards - it's just stunning!!!

Jan xx

Anneke klerks said...

prachtige kerstkaart Donna!
fijn weekend
anneke

Sonia said...

This is lovely Donna, i can't believe we are making christmas cards already lol...
Hope you are well? Must email you and catch up.
Hugs Sonia xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the image you've used, she's gorgeous! And a pretty fabulous card too :)

Liz xxx

Pauline said...

Fantastic festive card Donna. The image is lovely and the papers are perfect.
x

Iren said...

Lovely xmas card Donna! And this image is so sweet too!!!

Hugs

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Donna,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Victoria said...

How sassy is she? What a fun card this is, you've done that image some justice

Victoria
x

ps you didn't email me your addy!

Mina said...

wow what a fabulous Christmas card Donna, love this funky image she coloured so perfectly too
Mina xxx

Maria Matter said...

oh isn't she a gorgeous little fairy! Fabulous Christmas card!

We have had some downpours over the last few days, hard and heavy! It's soooo muddy! yuck! This has been a weird summer!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Simone said...

Such a cute x-mas card, Donna!
Simone

Larissa said...

Gorgeous Donna! That image is so adorable and I love the layout of your card! Hugs,
Larissa