Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2009

Forever Friends - Chinese New Year

Before I tell you how I made this card I have to confess that I really struggled with the theme this week as I have absolutely nothing in my craft box that remotely resembled anything of a Chinese nature lol! In the end I had to resort to going onto Google and searching by 'Chinese New Year' and almost every picture I viewed was a red, black and gold colour theme so that's what I've gone with, except that my black is blue lol! The backing paper is oriental themed and was also sourced over the net you can see the designs available here The ribbon on my card was wrapped around a chinese calendar that was delivered with a takeaway we had delivered over Christmas but I expect it was bought locally on the market lol! The image has been coloured in with PM's and the 'Friend' lettering was created with my letter stamps, I used my MLP pens to colour in the letters. Please pop over to the Forever Friends blog and see the work of my DT members, hope you can join us for this weeks challenge TFL :)

20 comments:

Wendy said...

Well it looks like it turned out fine in the end its lovely. I struggled with this one too.
Wendy x

Anonymous said...

Aw this is gorgeous Donna! :)

Liz xxx

Sonia said...

You did well here Donna as i also thought it was a difficult theme lol.
Hugs Sonia xx

Joey said...

Hi Donna, fabulous card, realy fits the theme well, i am struggling to think of an idea. joey xxx

cats whiskers said...

Morning Dear, this is just perfect love those colours and that lovely FF image.
b ig hugs
Jacqui x

Michele Roos said...

Fab card Donna. Love the colouring of the image. There's a litle something on my blog for you. Michele x

nessy said...

works perfectly donna!! love that little bear ~so sweet!!
vanessa xx

LOUISE said...

Fab card Donna, love the papers, and the ribbon too! Lou x

Mandy said...

Donna, this is a gorgeous card, love your lettering!

Mandy

Happy Crafter said...

Its beautiful Donna love the colours and image :)
Val xxx

Pauline said...

Lovely card Donna - great colouring on the ted as usual and love the gems on the flowers.
x

Poppy said...

great card Donna.
poppy

Rach said...

a fabulous card donna, the lettering looks so effective. hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Wow, gorgeous card Donna! Love the colours and image! Well done on the theme, its a tough one, but you did it justice in the end!

To answer your question on my papers edges, I use an edge distressing tool by Making Memories, but I believe that the same effect can be achieved by runnning your open scissors along the papers edge.
Hope this helps.
Hugs Tab xxx

Ali Watson said...

Gorgeous card Donna love the DP. FF bear is back on my blog was just Spring cleaning the blog lol.

Bev said...

What a fab card Donna, love the rich papers you have used

hugs Bev x

Sue said...

really gorgeous card donna and beautiful colours, i too would have strugled with that theme:)

sue
xx

simplyfairies said...

Good lord lol what a challenge, I shall try my best but not sure I would come up with something as gorgeous as yours...

Bastelzauberin said...

Donna, this is a gorgeous card.I love those colours and that lovely FF image.

LG
Silke

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful love the image and the paper and ribbons is gorgeous hugs Jill xx